Mobile apps for SharePoint forms
Formotus serves SharePoint forms for Office 365 as rich mobile apps, so it’s time to think outside the SharePoint browser.
There are advantages to using Formotus mobile apps rather than browser forms on mobile devices:
- Robust offline functionality for users without constant connectivity
- Ability to include rich data such as photos, signatures and GPS in your forms
- InfoPath compatibility today, and a seamless path to supplant InfoPath tomorrow
How do Formotus apps work with SharePoint in Office 365?
Formotus apps work with Office 365 and any version of SharePoint.
- SharePoint Online Plans 1 & 2
- Office 365 Business Essentials & Premium
- Office 365 E1, E3 & E4 (we recommend an E3 free trial)
- SharePoint 2016
- SharePoint Foundation 2013 & 2010
- SharePoint Server 2013 & 2010, Standard & Enterprise CAL
- SharePoint 2007 (works but no longer tested or supported)
You can build Formotus forms with the form creator, or you can upload InfoPath Designer form templates. Formotus forms created with InfoPath can be opened from your SharePoint environment either as Formotus apps or by InfoPath.
Forms can be opened in Formotus apps using HTTP protocol, so you can create a library column containing a link that lets SharePoint users click to open an instance of the form in their Formotus app for further editing.
Formotus mobile forms apps submit and query data in SharePoint lists and libraries just like InfoPath does. But Formotus also offers enhanced mobile features:
- Filler apps run natively on iOS and Android as well as Windows.
- Custom controls allow capture of photos, barcodes, GPS, etc. right into the form.
- Deployment and updating of forms is controlled in real time from the cloud.
- Usage reports track user activity for auditing and troubleshooting.
Here’s a short 2-minute video that will give you a taste of what it’s like to use Formotus apps and workflows with SharePoint: